Saturday, November 28, 2009

Paperback Writer

I hope you will forgive me for not offering up a full fledged entry tonight, but the past few days (including today) I have been working hard on my NaNoWriMo novel. Fortunately, I only have 2000 words to go, which means I will finish the novel tomorrow.

Rather than leaving you with no post at all, then, I will leave you with the promotional film for "Paperback Writer" by The Beatles. It was in May 1965 that Michael Lindsay-Hogg directed four promo films of "Paperback Writer" and three of "Rain." Most of these promo clips were straight forward performance clips, but one each of "Paperback Writer" and "Rain" veered from this course. These two clips were shot around Chiswick House in London, and featured The Beatles relaxing around the house's gardens and conservatory and strolling about. Surprisingly for the time, the television outlets preferred these promo films to the traditional performance clips!



No comments: