Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Best Blog Award




I don't know that I am particularly worthy, but I was just awarded the above. Now the custom is that when one is awarded a Best Blog Award, he or she is to bestow it on others. I am then giving this award to the following blogs. I recommend that you check them out!

All Talking! All Singing! All Dancing! 
Jonas is an expert on early talkies and knows a terribly lot about the Silent Era as well!

Cinema Splendour 
Sarah is one of a new generation of classic film buffs and brings a fresh perspective on the old films.

Classic Hollywood Nerd 
Nicole is also part of the new generation of film buffs and offers a fresh perspective on the old films. She is also probably the biggest Jeffrey Lynn fan in the world!

Classic Maiden 
Like myself, Sebina writes about the whole of pop culture. In fact, Classic Maiden is a lot like A Shroud of Thoughts in the breadth of what it covers and the length of its articles!


flapperdoodle
Kate also has an excellent film blog,  Silents and Talkies, but I elected to bestow the award on this blog. Here Kate features the continuing, single panel cartoon adventures of her flappers. Kate is a great artist and her art is also very entertaining!


Inner Toob
Inner Toob explores the alternate reality of television. Toby's knowledge of television is fairly extensive, so one can expect some fairly obscure shows mentioned here!


Major Conflict
If you're interested in politics, this is one of the best blogs out there.


Noir Girl
Casey is another one of the new generation of classic film buffs. She is also a very talented artist.


Now Listen Here
Holte has a wonderfully skewed sense of humour and offers a great perspective on politics and international affairs.


Out of the Past
Raquelle is very knowledgeable about classic film and a fantastic writer. While I know she is not a big fan of blog awards, I am giving her this one anyway as I think she deserves it!


Pluck You Too
Pluck You Too is a movie blog, but it is also about beer and hot dogs. Tommy pretty much covers the whole of moviedom, from the old classics to newer films.


Popped Culture
Jeremy has a great sense of humour, and offers up some of the best stuff on pop culture from around the web.


Various Ecstasies
Snave has a wicked sense of humour, making this one of the best blogs with regards to politics. And he posts some pretty good pictures too!


Here I want to apologise to anyone I've left out! I do read a good number of blogs and it is hard to remember all of them when handing out an award. Suffice it to say that if I have ever commented on your blog, then you have received this award!

11 comments:

Jonas Nordin said...

Mercurie,
Great thanks for the award!

Raquel Stecher said...

You are so nice Mercurie. Thanks for the award. Even though I don't participate I still appreciate them. I would give you one right back as I'm always so impressed by your extensive knowledge on pop culture! You are a walking encyclopedia. Keep up the good work!

Holte Ender said...

Mercurie - Thanks for the kind words. Keep up the good work.

Nicole Newcomb said...

Thanks so much for the award. :D Thanks for also calling me the biggest Jeffrey Lynn fan in the world. That's a wonderful compliment! I love your blog and again thank you!

poppedculture said...

Thanks Mercurie, I always appreciate how much you give out to other bloggers. And the depth of your knowledge is impressive, especially to someone who mostly just puts up silly pictures.

Jim Marquis said...

Thanks, Merc. I do love politics but it's also great to come here and read about pop culture. You've had some really fascinating stuff and I appreciate what you do.

Toby O'B said...

Well, doggies! Thanks, Merc! So I guess now I should be passing it on as well?

Terence Towles Canote said...

Thanks everyone for the kind words! And, yes, Toby, I do believe that is the custom!

Classic Maiden said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Classic Maiden said...

You truly deserve it - I love your blog :).

Thank you for the award.

NoirGirl said...

You are worthy of the award, Mercurie, make no mistake! Your articles are always fascinating and chock full of little known facts. I always learning something new when I visit you.

Thank you so much for the award and the lovely compliment!