Sunday, March 29, 2009

"Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere" by The Who

Tonight I am feeling a bit under the weather, so I am not up to a full fledged blog entry. In lieu of one, then, I thought I would leave you with a clip, courtesy of YouTube, of The Who performing "Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere" on Ready Steady Go! from 1965. I have to warn you--the video quality isn't the best.

"Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere" is interesting as the only time that a song was credited to both Peter Townshend and Roger Daltrey. It was not the first song to use guitar feedback, as The Beatles had previously used it on "I Feel Fine." That having been said, it is believed to be the first to use feedback in a guitar solo. "Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere" has been covered by David Bowie, The Flaming Lips, and Ocean Colour Scene.

No comments: