Saturday, July 28, 2007

Sometimes You Aren't the Hero...

Last night I hardly got any sleep because of a stye (it's surprising something so small can hurt so much), so I am really not in any shape to write a good post tonight. Instead I decide to present you with a bunch of memes or, as I call them, quiz thingies. This time the results were interesting as, for once, I only wound a hero in a few of them (of course, one quiz I couldn't possibly be the hero...) and I didn't end up the "priest" or "religious guru" in any of them.

You scored as Sirius Black, You are a gifted wizard and very loyal to your allegiance. Whilst you have a big heart and care very much about those around you, you can be a little arrogant and reckless at times.

Sirius Black

90%

Draco Malfoy

90%

Severus Snape

80%

Albus Dumbledore

75%

Harry Potter

65%

Remus Lupin

55%

Ron Weasley

50%

Ginny Weasley

45%

Hermione Granger

45%

Lord Voldemort

5%

Your Harry Potter Alter Ego Is...?
created with QuizFarm.com


I am fairly happy with this result. The last "Which Harry Potter Character Are You" Quiz I took ended with me being Snape. And while I do have at least one thing in common with Snape, I don't think that result is a perfect fit (I have to wonder if the quiz's author took into account the later books). On the other hand, I think I have a good deal with Sirius Black. I can be arrogant at times, although I am loyal to my family and friends to a fault. I do have to disagree with "Draco Malfoy" coming in second. About all I have in common with him is arrogance. Let's face it, even as a bad guy Draco is a dweeb. And while I like Snape as a character, it seems to me that I only have one thing in common (granted, it is probably the most important thing to Snape, but still....). Honestly, I think 2 and 3 would be Harry Potter and Albus Dumbledore.


Which Batman Villain Are You?




You are: R'AS AL GHUL!
Take this quiz!








Quizilla |
Join

| Make A Quiz | More Quizzes | Grab Code



Okay, this is the quiz on which I couldn't possibly be the hero. I have to say I like this result. I have to admit The Joker and Two Face are my favourite Batman villains, but then I can't see myself as either a homicidal maniac or a madman obsessed with duality. Indeed, I think if I were a supervillain, my goals would be the same as Ra's. Why settle for robbery or extortion when you can conquer the world?


Which Fight Club Character Are You?

You are Tyler!!
Take this quiz!








Quizilla |
Join

| Make A Quiz | More Quizzes | Grab Code



Okay, this is another case where I am not the hero. I have to admit that I probably have more in common with Tyler Durden than the Narrator (and definitely more than Marla or Bob). Granted, I don't go around doing rude stuff in people's soup or blowing stuff up, but I have to admit to having a desire to change the world. Like both Tyler and The Narrator, I've been in my share of fights (and I've lost a few, too...). That having been said, I do work for a major corporation and I haven't really done much to change that...


Which House Character Are You?

You are Dr. Gregory House. You are the God of Snark. Life has given you lemons so you cut them in half and squeeze lemon juice in people's eyes to get your jollies. Although underneath it all you are really just a damaged person who can't deal with emotions, especially your own. The good news is you're brilliant!
Take this quiz!








Quizilla |
Join

| Make A Quiz | More Quizzes | Grab Code




I suppose Dr. Gregory House counts as another bad guy? Or is he really a hero? An anti-hero? Whatever he is, he is my favourite character on the show. Like most people I think he is obnoxious and arrogant, so I really haven't much in common with him (although, sadly, I have more in common with him than the other characters on the series). That having been said, I still think he is carrying a torch for Cuddy, something I can understand perfectly....

Which The Office Character Are You?



Jim Halpert
You are extremely nice and everyone likes you. You are popular with the ladies. You go to parties and have a good time. You are good at your job but if you could leave you would. You have everything a guy could want.
Take The Quiz Now!Quizzes by myYearbook.com


I must confess Jim Halpert is my favourite character on The Office. And I can think of a few things we have in common. People tell me I am nice and everyone at work likes me. And when I was Jim's age I did go to a number of parties. I must also confess that I am good at my everyday job (not writing, the other one), but I really don't like it that much. The two differences between us is that I don't really think I am popular with the ladies (not that I've noticed, anyhow), and while I am always cracking jokes at work, I am not a practical joker (although I did nail my second best friend with one of those fake lighters that delivers a slight shock--she wasn't too happy with me). Well, I guess that is one more thing I have in common with Jim, my best friend at work is a girl.

You scored as Code name V, Your Code name "V". Your vengeful and cold hearted at times. People have done horriable things to you in the past...but dont worry about them, you'll get back at them one way or another. Your a good person on the inside who believes strongly in the good of the people. You think that you could never fall in love because your heart is filled with hate...but even a heart as broken as your can love. Your strong and just and would fight for the good of your world.

Code name V

100%

Finch

33%

Creedy

33%

Evey

33%

Sutler

33%

Deitrich

0%

What V for Vendetta character are you?
created with QuizFarm.com


Okay, I've already posted the results of a V for Vendetta quiz here, but I decided to post another. It's always nice to know I am nothing like Sutler and Creedy. Naturally, I always do remember the fifth of November.

I don't know that any of these characters have much in common, although I suppose Sirius, Tyler, and V all have a strong desire to change the world and end what they consider injustice (I guess Ra's Al Ghul does too, although his solution isn't something many beyond himself and his minions would find desirable...). All of the characters are also intelligent, in some cases brilliant (namely Ra's, House, and V). That having been said, I think House is probably the most different from the rest. I'm not sure, but I think Ra's Al Ghul may even be less selfish than he is....

Anyhow, I promise I'll do a real post tomorrow (a spoiler free review of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows)!

No comments: